The Northern Escape Collection is a curated portfolio of boutique sustainable lodges and experiences that celebrate Queensland’s diverse natural beauty in one bespoke journey.
We're seeking a dynamic, experienced and customer service-focused individual to join our Northern Escape Collection team as the Reservations Manager. You will be the face and first point of contact for our guests and delight in providing the most exceptional experience.
Inspiring authentic experiences and lasting memories, discover a secluded island paradise on the Great Barrier Reef (Orpheus Island Lodge), a soul-enriching retreat in the Daintree Rainforest (Daintree Ecolodge), and invoke the spirit of adventure in the outback (Mt Mulligan Lodge). A private helicopter charter service provides unrivalled access to the three boutique lodges and an outstanding superyacht (M.Y. Flying Fish), equipped with its own heli-pad, offers privately chartered Great Barrier Reef exploration.
- Manage all booking channels – phone, email, trade, OTA and own booking engine
- Liaise with guests from enquiry stage through to booking building relationships with guests along the way to encourage repeat and referral business and value add
- Ensure all reservations enquiries and bookings are replied to or actioned within prescribed time
- Troubleshoot enquiries, manage complaints and act on guest feedback and special requests
- Review and take action on various guest satisfaction reports, including TripAdvisor
- Monitor customer service levels and ensure all guests receive excellent and personalised experiences
- Be instrumental in driving changes and improvements in performance, and implement strategies in line with business objectives
- Lead, coach, train and mentor Reservation team and ensuring positive team culture
- General financial accounting such as debtors, folio checks, banking, reconciliation etc
- Reservation rostering
- Meet and/or exceed sales targets
- Ensure all rates and packages are accurately loaded across booking channels and updated for maximum conversion
- Liaise and provide feedback from trade, guests, corporate customers to Senior Management in a timely manner
- Establish effective revenue and sales strategies
- Essential that you have previous experience in a revenue/ reservations role with exposure to analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of Front Office and Reservations systems
- Strong understanding of hotel distribution systems including PMS, Channel Managers, Booking Engines
- High attention to detail and superb organisational ability
- Exemplary communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong customer service
- Experience leading a high performing reservation team
- Strong desire to achieve results and goals
- Ability to prioritise high volume workload and impeccable time management
- Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent financial and forecasting skills
Experience working in a tourism, hospitality or aviation reservation environment is necessary.
This is a full-time role based out of Townsville.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining why you feel you are suited to this position and why you are interested - email firstname.lastname@example.org