Are you looking to work and reside in the world’s largest living rainforest? Well, we are looking for the newest General Manager to take the lead of our ever-growing team at the Daintree Ecolodge.
Part of the Northern Escape Collection, a curated portfolio of boutique sustainable lodges and experiences in Far North Queensland, the Daintree Ecolodge is a soul-enriching retreat exclusive by its remoteness and limited number of guests.
The Daintree Ecolodge is set in the heart of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest and the lodge showcases 15 eco-friendly ‘bayans’ (treehouses) immersed in the breathtaking ancient rainforest canopy. Guests use the lodge as a base to explore the Daintree region; the only place where two World Heritage sites meet (the Daintree and Great Barrier Reef). We are seeking a manager or a management couple to run the lodge.
You will be responsible for the management and development of the boutique hideaway. You will be an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude. You will have had previous experience in running a business. You must have the ability to multitask, have excellent staff management skills, and be willing to help in any areas of the running of the lodgewhen it is busy. Leading the team with a hands-on approach is essential as this role is responsible for the operation of the lodge including but not limited to front desk, food and beverage, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Reliable, honest, hardworking, and customer focus a MUST
- Previous managerial experience in a luxury resort or hotel environment
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Food & Beverage skills is an advantage
- Naturally have a positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- A natural leader with a desire to progress to a long term career
- Financially literate with the ability to report and analyse monthly P&L’s
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights
- Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with Owners, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Coordinate hiring, rostering & training staff
- Maintain and grow a strong relationship with guests, employees & the local community