Part of the Northern Escape Collection, a curated portfolio of boutique sustainable lodges and experiences that showcase Far North Queensland's diverse REEF - RAINFOREST - OUTBACK, Mt Mulligan Lodge offers laid-back luxury in the Queensland outback and is a member of the Luxury Lodges of Australia.
Located on a 28,000-hectare working cattle station, Mt Mulligan Lodge invites just 28 guests to experience the spirit of the outback through a captivating landscape that\'s steeped in indigenous significance dating back 37,000 years. The expansive property bears the marks of the historic gold and coal rush and in its current operation, the pastoral history of Australia.
Couples are welcome to apply, for opportunities available within other departments
Mt Mulligan Lodge is currently recruiting for a highly talented and passionate General Manager.
About the role
We are looking for highly talented and passionate resort professionals to join our award-winning team, for an immediate start. Ideally candidates will seek longevity and long term career progression goals. Couples are welcome to apply!
- Oversee and manage all lodge operations, including front desk, housekeeping, food and beverage, maintenance, and guest services
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of employees to provide excellent service and maintain a positive work culture
- Manage financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting, and expense control
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies to attract new guests and maintain relationships with existing guests
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Foster positive relationships with local communities and stakeholders
To be considered for the position you must possess the following:
- Proven experience as a General Manager in the hospitality industry, with relevant experience in the luxury market
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with guests, employees, and stakeholders
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to manage budgets and financial operations
- Experience in marketing and sales, with a track record of driving revenue growth
- Passion for the hospitality industry and commitment to delivering exceptional guest experiences
- Knowledge of Australian hospitality laws and regulations
Why should you join us?
- Career growth opportunities – Mt Mulligan Lodge is part of the Northern Escape Collection, a portfolio of boutique sustainable lodges in Far North Queensland. Career growth within our lodges will be available to the right candidates.
- Subsidised colleague accommodation
- Close-knit family environment and work culture
How to apply
If you are looking for an outback adventure showcasing your positive attitude and strong work ethic, please apply now and enclose your CV and cover letter or email [email protected]